（一） 1. Do you know that a worker ant has two _________（胃）? 2. Young people always have more e_________ than the old. 3. Doctors advise us not to eat fruit which is not r_________. 4. Don’t give me meat any more. I am on a d_________. 5. If you are s_________, you had better go to bed. 6. The car doesn’t f_________ well; I think you’d better have it repaired. 7. O_________ vegetables are those that are grown without c_________ that can be harmful to human beings or the _________（环境）. 8. I think children should drink the s_________ drink such as coca, sprite. 9. When you walk, you exercise your leg m_________. 10. If you are thirsty, I have some ________（矿） spring water for you. 11. The doctor told me to drink p________ of water because I had a _______（发烧）. 12. Can you tell me the _____________（成分） of ice cream. 13. You must take at least three s___________ of medicine if you want to get better. 14. Porridge ________（消化） easily. 15. Apples have red or green p________. 16. This drink is a m_________ of three different sorts. 17. In the r_________, it says that I must use two eggs and some tomatoes. 18. Doctor, I think I have got a headache. Can you _________（检查） me? 19. When I was home, mother had already prepared t________ food for me. 20. We must do what we can do to keep the ________（平衡） of nature. 答案： 1. stomachs 2. energy 3. ripe 4. diet 5.sleepy 6. function 7. Organic; chemicals; environment 8. soft 9. muscles 10. mineral 11. plenty, fever 12.ingredient 13. spoonfuls 14. digests 15. peel 16. mixture 17. recipe 18.examine 19. tasty 20. balance （二） 1. People often consider The Red Cross the s________ of the medicine. 2. No f________ or ________（冲突） are allowed on Peace Day. 3. In my o________, the boy will p________（可能） come to do the job because he likes it so much. 4. On the Double Ninth Festival, we Chinese often h_______ our ________（祖先）. 5. To my great j________, our class won the first place in the competition. 6. You will find that k________ each other’s ________（面颊） is a custom in East Europe. 7. The soldier is ________（敬礼） to every officer who goes into the room. 8. Is there a ________（代） gap between you and your parents? 9. What are the ________（原则） of the Spring Festival? 10. Oh, I never thought you would bring me so many birthday g________. Thanks! 11. Students should r________ their teachers and their parents. 12. Have you got an ________（请柬） to her wedding party? 13. The United N________ must try their best to keep the peace of the world.
14. The football fans held a ________（庆祝会） to show their pleasure. 15. He went to town with the p________（目的） of buying a new television. 16. The Olympic Games begin with a ________（行进）of all the competing nations. 17. A c_________ college teaches things that would be useful in business. 18. ——What were your m______ subjects when you studied in the college? —— Oh, they were physics, electricity and English. 19. My new dress is s_______ to the one you have. Don’t take the wrong one! 20. What will you do at weekend? We will go ________（骑车）. 答案： 1. symbol 2. fighting/fights; conflicts 3. opinion; probably 4. honour; ancestors 5. joy 6. kissing; cheeks 7. saluting 8. generation 9. principles 10.gifts 11.respect 12. invitation 13. Nations 14. celebration 15. purpose 16.parade 17.commercial 18. major 19. similar 20. cycling （三） 1. We don’t understand the meaning of the sentences. So my teacher has e__________ them to us again and again. 2. What other languages do you know b________ English? 3. ——Do you know the a________ of “Hamlet”? ——Yes, it’s written by Shakespeare. 4. She looks much p________ with red coats than blue ones. 5. The director and the actors were _________（排练） the play again and again because they would ________（上演） it the next evening. 6. Many people consider that it is not right to _____（克隆） a human being. 7. Mother bought me a beautiful _________（钻石） n_________ as my birthday present. 8. —— Have you r_________ the man? —— Yes. We were in the same class only three years ago. 9. ——Who had taken the book? ——It was a _________（谜）. 10. The teacher stopped to drink some water and then she c_________ to give her lessons. 11. The king is living in the ________（宫殿） which looks very beautiful. 12. It is e______ four o'clock, not one minute more nor one minute less. 13. He drew the _________（轮廓） of a house on the paper. 14. ___________（蚊子） often bite people in the evening. 15. How can you consider that I can’t pay off the d______? I am quite able to pay back what I have borrowed from you. 16. Why can’t you give me a p________ answer? I really want to know “Yes” or “No”. 17. This new model is of high q________ but it is not expensive. 18. ——Where are you going? ——Oh, there goes the bell. I am going to listen to the l_______ given by Dr. Li. 19. He worked day and night, trying to e_______ much more money. 20. He went into his room on the second floor through the window with a l______ because he had left his keys in his room. 答案： 1. explained 2. besides 3.author 4. prettier 5. rehearsing; perform 6.clone 7.diamond;
necklace 8. recognized 9. mystery 10. continued 11. palace 12. exactly 13. outline 14. Mosquitoes 15. debts 16. positive 17. quality 18.lecture 19. earn 20. ladder （四） 1. Students must c___________（做） e_____________ when they study physics or chemistry. 2. If you are feeling cold, you needn’t take off your g______ to protect your hands. 3. Do you know why l_________ comes into sight before t__________ comes into our ears? 4. Which do you prefer to use to wash your hair, soap or s__________? 5. People now use paper instead of a h__________ to clean their faces. 6. Einstein’s theory __________（证明） to be true at last. 7. Don’t worry about anything! Everything is under c__________! 8. Do you have an __________（电） fan to cool in summer? 9. Can you give me a s__________ knife so that I can cut off the s__________（细绳）？ 10. The __________（震惊） news came that on March 11 over 200 people were killed in Spain. 11. There is no d__________ that men are stronger than women. 12. After many experiments, Galileo drew a c__________ that light things drop onto the ground at the same time as heavy things if no air holds them back. 13. Generally speaking, the s__________ of touch of a blind man is better than that of a healthy one. 14. The days from Monday to Friday are often considered to be the w________ 15. The plane couldn’t fly because there were something wrong with two of its ________ （发动 机）. 16. If you drive a car, you must f_________ your safety belt. 17. Mary speaks good English, but she has an a____ because her mother is English. 18. The boss has c________ 100 dollars for this beautiful coat. 19. The girl was so angry that she _______（撕） the letter into pieces. 20. It is a __________（震惊） to all that his secretary has stolen the money. 答案： 1. conduct; experiments; 2. gloves 3.lightning; thunder; 4. shampoo 5. handkerchief 6. proved 7. control 8. electric 9. sharp; string 10. shocking 11. doubt 12. conclusion 13. sense 14. workdays 15. engines 16. fasten 17. advantage 18. charged 19.tore 20. shock （五） 1. The man __________（钦佩） Napoleon so much that he wanted to join his army. 2. That is a d__________ film and I think we have to leave the cinema. 3. It is going to rain so we have to find a s__________ to protect us from the rain. 4. After her g__________ from college, she found a job in a k__________, where she can teach the children much. 5. It’s so cold inside the hall. I r__________ that I had not taken my overcoat with me. 6. The man t__________ to beat the boy if he stole again. 7. My father p__________ to buy me a bike as my birthday present and he did so. 8. Don’t be so __________（吝啬）. Be g__________ when you try to help your friend. 9. Look at line 3 from the b________ of the page. Do you understand the sentence?
10. He is c________（快乐） though he is ill. 11. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are w________ while on Saturday and Sunday you can rest. 12. People often call one who wins the first place c_______. 13. Cars on the free way must run above the speed of 70 m______ an hour. 14. He is so d________（不诚实） that he often tell lies. I couldn’t b_______ his lying. 15. For a few, ___________（奖学金） were sources of support. 16. I was i_________（激励） to work harder than ever before. 17. Do you know that the Polar Bear lives in a cold ________（气候）. 18. Don’t b________ your father. He is trying his best to solve the difficult problem. 19. The soldiers showed perfect ________（纪律） under the fire of the enemy. 答案： 1. admired 2. dull 3. shelter 4. graduation; kindergarten 5. regretted 6.threatened 7. promised 8. mean; generous 9. bottom 10. cheerful 11.workdays 12. champion 13. miles 14. dishonest; bear 15. scholarships 16. inspired 17. climate 18. bother 19. discipline （六） 1. We often go ________（宿营） at the weekends on the s________ so as to watch the beautiful scenery of the sea. 2. My uncle will be married. Are you going to attend his w________ party? 3. ——Are you b________ enough to go out alone at midnight? —— No. I don’t think I dare to. 4. Though they were s________ by the enemy, they never gave in. 5. FIFA held a news c________ 会议） to announce that the 2006 World Cup would be held in （ Germany. 6. They phoned to tell me that they had s________ down in the countryside and that they would come back to see me if they had time. 7. They are on the v________ to Australia and it will take at least two weeks. 8. The head said that he would take me as his s________ to work for him so that he needn’t write and type himself. 9. About 70 p________ of the ________（表面） of the earth is covered by water. 10. How many ________（段落） are there in this article? 11. Many raw materials are ________（出口） to foreign countries. 12. The shops are in a c________ position in the city so that people can do shopping easily. 13. _________（渔民） are living by fishing in the sea. 14. If it is h________, water will change into steam. 15. This house is mine. That is to say, I am in p________ of the house. 16. The weather is m____ today；it is neither hot nor cold. 17. Look, on the grassland, there is a female sheep and five l______（羊羔）. 18. —— What will you do after you retire, Mr Johnson? —— I think I will build a ________ （小屋） in the beautiful village and spend the rest of my life there. 19. This school is m________ for boys, so there are only a few girls in it. 20. The ________（牛） are in the shed, and three head of them are John’s.
答案： 1.camping; seaside 2. wedding 3. bold 4. surrounded 5. conference 6. settled 7. voyage 8. secretary 9. percent; surface 10. paragraphs 11. exported 12. central 13. Fishermen 14. heated 15. possession 16. mild 17.lambs 18. cottage 19. mainly 20. cattle （七） 1. Ants, mosquitoes, flies are all i ________. 2. Our country ________（进口） coffee from Brazil. 3. Can planting ________（竹子） make you rich? 4. He w________ out the books he didn't want so that he could put some new ones on the shelf. 5. If you can’t solve the problem in this way, why don’t you try to work it out with another m ________? 6. You can plant some flowers and vegetables in the g ________. 7. The ________（发现） of oil on their land made the people rapidly rich. 8. —— What is your native p________（产品） in your home town? —— Lichee, I think. 9. Bringing the farmland under ________（灌溉） is the best way to increase the output of the grains. 10. P_________（产量） of computers has increased double in the last few weeks. 11. －What is the function of the adjective, Mr Smith? －Oh, it m________ the noun, used as an attributive. 12. Do you know that potatoes are _______（根） of the plant? 13. Do you often see the g______（金色） sunlight at dusk? 14. The horse ______（绑） to the pole is our neighbor’s. 15. The person g_______（领） us to travel the park is a young girl. 16. You’d better do as the p_______ says, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” 17. I wish I could buy a house with a small g______ where I could plant _____（向日葵） and some other flowers. 18. The villagers have p____ the well dry, and can get no more water. 19. A t________（技术） expert will come to our factory to solve the problem tomorrow. 20. Before s_____ or planting crops, rough ground must be cleaned and weeds must be r______ （除掉）. 答案： 1. insects 2. imports 3. tobacco 4. weeded 5. method 6. garden 7.discovery 8. produce 9. irrigation 10. Production 11. modifies 12.roots 13. golden 14. tied 15. guiding 16. proverb 17. garden; sunflowers 18. pumped 19. technical 20. sowing; removed （八） 1. Students often say that they need a man of h________ as their teacher so that the class is interesting. 2. You will not know whether it is b______ or sweet if you don’t taste it yourself. 3. I think the newly-married c_______ will be very happy because they love each other deeply. 4. She said she a_________ 感激） my help. A______, I don’ think I have done much for her. （ t
5. Three beautiful girls are dancing on the s______ before the audience. 6. Please read the d_________ carefully before you begin to use the machine. 7. Though John Smith has lived in Beijing for almost ten years, he still speaks Chinese with an English a______. 8. C_____（小丑） often make people laugh. 9. The teacher is writing something on the blackboard with a piece of c______. 10. The boy was s________ from a fever, so he had to go to see a doctor. 11. The students sat in s_______ because none of them knew how to answer the question. 12. His success e______（存在） in his intelligence and his way of studies. 13. If you think what he sings is wonderful, please a_______（鼓掌）. 14. －Do you know how to o_______ the machine? －Yes, my father has taught me. 15. The car almost fell into the river. F_____（幸亏）, it stopped just at the edge of the broken bridge. 16. I had thought she was a modern girl but she followed family t______ in dress and manners. 17. I tried to work out the problem, but I was c______ by all the noise. 18. Richard is American, John is British — they have different n_______（国籍）. 19. Mr Green, how can I speak f_______（流利） English？ 20. Mr Zhang, a c________ Ms Zhao is wanting you on the phone. 答案： 1. humour 2. bitter 3. couple 4. appreciated; Actually 5. stage 6. directions 7. accent 8. Clowns 9. chalk 10. suffering 11. silence 12. exists 13. applaud 14. operate 15. Fortunately 16. tradition 17. confused 18. nationalities 19. fluent 20. certain （九） 1. It is u______ that women can’t get the same pay as me when they do a same job. 2. I worked a long time and at last I m_______ to work out the maths problem. 3. The workers are t_____ down the old houses so that a new school will be built here. 4. The teacher g______（轻轻地） p_____ him on the shoulder to comfort him. 5. Some people consider Li Yang’s “C_______ English” is useful for practicing speaking English. 6. The American s_______, which means “I don’t know”. 7. Our room is not big enough, so we have to buy some things that can be f_____, such as tables, chairs and even the bed. 8. Will you join them in buying the things if you see many ________（顾客） gathering? 9. The girls ran fast so that they could get to the place a_____ of time. 10. In our country, people greet each other with a h_______ instead of with a kiss. 11. Rubbing the t______ and f_______（食指） means money in our country. 12. When you meet an older person, it is polite for you to b____ to him. 13. I crossed the street to a______ meeting him, but he saw me and came running towards me. 14. The boy got our attention by t____（轻敲） a pencil. 15. The man said with a f_____（坚决的） voice, “You must not stay here.” 16. Moving one’s hand up and down with the p_____ facing down means “Come here.” 17. Because of his strange clothes, he immediately became the f______ of attention when he
entered the office. 18. ______ is a short madness.（怒是短暂的疯狂。） 19. A ________（衣箱） is enough to take your clothes with you on holiday. 20. The accident o______ at five o'clock, but we didn’t know because we were sleeping then. 答案： 1. unfair 2. managed 3. tearing 4. gently; patted 5. Crazy 6. shrugs 7. folded 8. customers 9. ahead 10. handshake 11. thumb; forefinger 12. bow 13. avoid 14. tapping 15. firm 16. palm 17. focus 18. Anger 19. suitcase 20. occurred （十） 1. Big cities have many a________, such as dancing, singing, listening to concert and so on. 2. My brother and I are in the m_______, because more people are against us than with us. 3. When my uncle went abroad to live, he left me his watch as a s_______. 4. All the boys and girls should be e_______（教育）. 5. Though he is young, he has a large c________ of stamps. There are over one thousand! 6. How many _______（火箭） have you seen in the museum? 7. It was the heavy rain that p_______ us from getting here in time. 8. Three people were trapped on the island. A _________（直升机） was sent to rescue them. 9. Stephen William Hawking is disabled, but he is a g_____ in the field of physics. 10. The tides（潮汐） are caused by the a_______（吸引力） of the moon for the earth. 11. The football match between France and England in the Europe Cup was so exciting that it t______ all the people who watched it. 12. Our plane was delayed for hours and the wait seemed e_______. 13. The United States has sent up space s_______ but no other countries can do so now. 14. The teacher d_______ us into four groups. 15. －What kind of film do you prefer, Little Tom? － I like c________ film the best because we can easily understand them. 16. If you stay away from your family for a long time, you will be vevy l______. 17. No one has seen a d______ though we often say it is the symbol of our Chinese people. 18. There is a need for the c_________ of trees, or there will soon be no forests. 19. When Robert fell off his bicycle, his only i_______ was a t______（扭） ankle（脚踝）. 20. If you have no __________（想象力）, it is impossible for you to learn art well. 答案： 1. amusements 2. minority 3. souvenir 4. educated 5. collection 6. rockets 7.prevented 8.helicopter 9.giant 10. attraction 11. thrilled 12. endless 13. shuttles 14. divided 15. cartoon 16. lonely 17. dragon 18. conservation 19. injury; twisted 20. imagination
模拟试题】 【模拟试题】 第一卷
I. 听力（10%）（略） 听力（ ）（略 ）（ II. 单项选择（20%） 单项选择（ ） 21.----Why not turn to your uncle for help? ---- ____________. A. That I’m too busy B. I’m terribly sorry
C. That’s a good idea D. It doesn’t work at all 22. ---- There’s coffee and tea; you can have _________ . ---- Thanks. A. one B. either C. each D. it 23. ---- I think George doesn’t really care for TV plays. ---- Right, ________ he still watches the program. A. and B. but C. or D. so 24. Hiking is ____ great fun. You will get close to _____ nature and take exercise at the same time. A. a, the B. a, / C. /, the D. /, / 25. Whenever she saw the young man, she would feel her heart __________. A. striking B. beating C. hitting D. knocking 26. Parents are taught to understand ________ important education is to their children’s future. A. that B. how C. such D. so 27. The World Wide Web is sometimes jokingly called the World Wide Wait because it _______ be very slow. A. should B. must C. will D. can 28. I walked into our garden, _______ Tom and Jim were tying a big sign onto one of the trees. A. which B. when C. where D. that 29. They looked __________ at his burnt clothes and didn’t know __________ to do. A. sad; what B. sadly; how C. sadly; what D. sad; how 30. ---- Shall we go for a picnic this weekend? ---- Well, __________. We’ll have to see if the weather is fine. A. it all depends B. it depends on C. OK D. I don’t know 31. ---- Tom, why are you late again? ---- Sorry, manager. My car _________ on my way to the office. A. broke up B. broke down C. broke out D. broke off 32. You’d better take something to read when you go to see the doctor __________ you have to wait. A. even if B. as if C. in case D. in order that 33. He __________ his aunt’s when he went to Wuhan on business. A. called on B. called at C. dropped in on D. dropped in 34. _________ to 100℃, water will boil. A. Being heated B. Heated C. Heating D. To heat 35. ---- How did her family feel when you visited them? ---- My coming ________ the happiness of her family. A. added up to B. added up C. added D. added to 36. I don’t want to read all these old newspapers, please tell me where the ________ ones are. A. last B. latest C. late D. lately 37. I think that this film is _______ a film, it is also a good material for education. A. more than B. not less than C. at least D. far from 38. Stop! You can never touch this machine when it ________, it is very dangerous. A. has been operated B. will be operated C. is operated D. is being operated 39. I’m used to ________ in the house which _______ to keep books and magazines.
A. living; uses B. live; was used 40. Some of the wolves there _________ their fur. A. are hunting B. are hunting for III.
C. live; used C. are hunted for
D. living; was used D. hunt for
完形填空 （20%） ） Do you know __41__ languages there are in the world? There are about 1500 but many of them are not very __42__. English is one of the most important languages because many people __43__ it, not only in England and America, __44__ in other countries of the world. About 200,000,000 speak it __45__ their own language, and another 200,000,000 use it as __46__ language. It is __47__ to say how many people are learning it. __48__ boys and girls in schools are trying to do so. Many English children study French. French is also a very important language. __49__ children study German, Russian, Japanese and Chinese. Which is the best __50__ to learn a language? We know that we all learnt __51__ language well when we were __52__. If we learn a second language in the __53__ way, it won’t seem so difficult. What does a small child do? It __54__ what people say, and it tries to guess what it hears. When it wants something, it has to __55__ it. It is using the language, __56__ in it and talking in it all the time. If people use a second language __57__, they will learn it __58__. In school, you learn to read, to write, to hear and to speak. It is best to learn all new words through the __59__. You can read them, spell them and __60__ them later. 41. A. how many B. what number C. a lot of D. so many 42. A. useful B. necessary C. important D. good 43. A. like B. use C. learn D. talk 44. A. but B. and C. also D. so 45. A. like B. with C. for D. as 46. A. foreign B. a second C. the second D. a special 47. A. easy B. again C. difficult D. best 48. A. Millions of B. Million of C. Millions D. Several million 49. A. Some B. Other C. All D. Few 50. A. time B. way C. thing D. place 51. A. a foreign B. our mothers’ C. other’s D. our own 52. A. born B. children C. grown D. boys 53. A. same B. different C. useful D. good 54. A. does B. says C. listens to D. follows 55. A. ask B. want C. get D. ask for 56. A. speaking B. writing C. thinking D. doing 57. A. some time B. sometimes C. all the time D. for the time 58. A. quickly B. soon C. freely D. easily 59. A. mouth B. hands C. ears D. mind 60 .A. speak B. use C. love D. write IV. 阅读理解 （20%） ） A Miss Turner had studied in a college （学院） in the capital before she found a job in a
middle school in her home town. There she taught physics. As she had little experience, she worked hard and did her best to make her classes interesting and lively. Mr Green, the headmaster, wanted to know how the woman taught her students and one morning he had sat in the last row of the classroom before the bell rang. Miss Turner found him as soon as she came in. That day she was explaining to the children about sound. She wanted to show the headmaster how successful she had been in her work and began to test the children. “Now, I have a sister in Washington. If I were calling her on the telephone, and at the same time you were 20 metres away, and listened to me from the other side of the street, who would hear earlier, my sister or you－and why?” The children thought for a while and the cleverest boy answered, “Your sister, Miss Turner, because electricity travels much faster than sound waves.” “That’s very good,” said Miss Turner. And she was going to ask another question when a girl stood up and said, “I’m sorry I can’t agree with him. Your sister would hear you earlier because when it’s eleven o’clock here, it’s only six o’clock in Washington!” 61. Mr Green sat in the last row in order to . A. observe Miss Turner’s teaching methods B. learn if Miss Turner could teach electricity C. tell her how to teach physics D. tell the students to listen to her carefully 62. Miss Turner asked the question in order to . A. know if her students learned physics B. show that she taught physics well C. teach more knowledge of physics D. get some different answers 63. The girl didn’t agree with the boy because . A. she preferred geography to physics B. she didn’t know how to answer the question C. she thought it in another way D. she wanted to get Miss Turner into trouble B Holidays are happy days with pleasure and delicious foods. Many people, however, are worried about the weight that comes along with these delicious foods. With proper planning, though, it is possible to control your weight. The idea is to enjoy the holidays but not to eat too much. You don't have to turn away from the foods that you enjoy. The following suggestions may be of some help to you. Do not miss meals. Before yon leave home for a feast（宴会）,have a small, low-fat snack（小吃）. This may help to keep you from getting too excited before delicious foods. Begin with clear soup and fruit or vegetables. A large glass of water before you eat may help you feel full. Use a small plate; a large plate will encourage you to have more than enough. Better not have high-fat foods. Dishes that look oily or creamy have much fat in them. Choose lean meat（瘦肉 ）.Fill your plate with salad and green vegetables. If you have a sweet tooth, try mints （薄荷） and fruits. They don’t have fat content as cream and chocolate. Don’t let exercise take a break during the holidays. A 20-minute walk after a meal can help burn off excess（过多的） calories.
64. Holidays are happy days with pleasure but they may ______。 A. bring weight problems B. bring you much trouble in your life C. make you worried about your foods D. make you hate delicious foods 65. In order to really enjoy your holidays without putting on weight, you'd better________ A. drink much water and have vegetables only B. not eat the food in high fat C. not accept invitations to feasts D. turn away from delicious foods 66. According to the passage, ___ is a necessary part to stop you from putting on weight. A. vegetables B. water C. calories of energy D. physical exercise C Carl studied in our middle school three years ago. Last August his father found a job in another city and his family moved there. He began to study in the new school and we often write to each other. He often tells me something about the city where he lives now and his studies in the school. So I can know what happens to him. Last Friday Carl came to our city again. He hopes to accompany（陪伴）his old grandpa during the summer holiday. He’s taller and stronger than before. We swim in the river outside the city together or have a picnic on the island. It surprises me that he has learned to cook. He told me his parents were both busy and sometimes he stayed at home alone and he had to look after himself. “How do you like your school?” I asked. “Wonderful,” said the young man. “It has a tall building and there’re two chemistry labs, two biology labs and three physics ones. And its library is big and there’re plenty of books in it.” “I can see you are satisfied with it.” “Yes,” answered he. “But our geography teacher often says to himself in class.” “So does our new history teacher,” I said. “But he doesn’t notice it. He often talks on and on in a flow of the eloquence（滔滔不绝）, but none of us listens to him!” 67. I can know what happens to Carl because ___________. A. he lives near to me B. he often calls me C. I often visit him D. he often writes to me 68. ______, so he learned to cook. A. Carl likes all kinds of delicious foods B. Carl has to do some cooking when he’s alone C. Carl found a job in a restaurant D. Carl often has a picnic with his friends
On the old-time farm in America, there were chickens, cows, pigs and horses. But there were very few machines. Most of the work was done by the farm family. Sometimes more workmen were needed in busy seasons. Work done by horses took up 79 percent; by men, 15 percent; and machine work only took up 6 percent.
Today all that has changed. On many modern farms machines now will do 96 percent of the work, while man does 3 percent. As for horses, they do 1 percent of the whole work. The children go to school by bus every morning, the parents work on the farm or in the house and other people’s help is hardly needed. Their work has been replaced （取代） by a whole army of farm machines. 69. Today on an American farm machines do ________ times more work than in the past. A. 17 B. 16 C. 15 D. 14 70. Today farmers do ________ as much work as they did in the past. A. 10% B. 20% C. 30% D. 40% 第二卷 V. 句型转换 （10%） ） 1. Today people are still cutting down too many trees. Today, too many trees ___________ still______________ ___________down. 2. A house may fall down in an earthquake. It‘s built on sand. A house ____________ ___________built on sand may fall down in an earthquake. 3. “Don’t forget to bring the book with you, Xiao Li.”the teacher said. The teacher _____________Xiao Li ___________ __________ forget to ____________the book with him. 4. Luckily we had a map. We would have got lost without it. Luckily we had a map, _____________ _____________ we would have got lost. 5. The children went into the hall, and they sang and danced all the way. The children went into the hall, _____________ and ____________ all the way. 6. We don’t know how we should deal with these old clothes. We don’t know what _____________ _____________ _____________ these clothes. 7. To learn the customs of your foreign friend is necessary. _______ _________ necessary __________ _____________ the customs of your foreign friend. VI. 单词拼写 （10%） ）
1. Shelia’s ________________（行为） was becoming more than ever strange. 2. Everything is on sale. Children’s shoes are ____________（降价） to 20 yuan a pair. 3. A million dollars is a large ___________ （数量） of money to me. 4. In only fifty years, English has _____________（发展） into the language most widely spoken and used in the world. 5. The news may be __________（想不到） , but it is true. 6. These easy English readings are very p_________ with middle school students. 7. The two groups of children have quite different c_______________ 8. The novel was so a___________ that he has read it three times. 9. Several companies are c__________ against each other for the contract. I wonder which will be the winner. 10. I’m still not t_______________ convinced that he knows what he’s doing. VII. 短文改错 （10%） ）
Li Ming, who has been working as postman for two years, always wears a suit of green uniforms. He worked with care as well as with effort. He serves for the people heart and soul. Every day he gets up early to deliver newspapers or magazines. He is so careful and he has never been wrong. One day he had to send a dead letter and it happened to be raining hardly outside. But he set out immediately. He had asked nearly everybody in the district after he managed to hand letter to the right person.
1. ____________ 2. ____________ 3._____________ 4. ____________ 5. ____________ 6. ____________ 7. ____________ 8. ____________ 9. ____________ 10. ___________
I. 听力 （略） II. 单选 21—30 CBBDC III. 完形 BDCCA 31—40 51—60 BCBBD BADDC
41—50ACBAD BCAAB IV. 阅读 61—63ABC V. 句型 1.are, being cut 5. singing, dancing VI. 单词
DBACD CCADD 67—68 DB 69—70 BB 4. without which
64—66 ABD 2.which/ that is 6. to do with
3. told; not to; take; 7. It is, to learn
1. behavior 2. reduced 3. amount 4. developed 5. unexpected 6. popular 7. characteristics 8. attractive 9. competing 10. totally VII. 改错 1. 在 postman 前加 a。postman 是可数名词的单数形式，需要在前面加不定冠词。 2. uniforms 改为 uniform。Uniform“制服”之意。此处不能用复数。 3. worked 改为 works 。短文的基本时态是一般现在时。 4. 去掉 for。serve 为及物动词。 5. or 改为 and 。这里不是选择关系。 6. and 改为 that 。后面是一个结果状语从句。 7. 正确。 8. hardly 改为 hard。hardly 是“几乎不”的意思，意义矛盾。 9. after 改为 before 。 10. 在 letter 前加 the。
大三时，我谋了一份家教的活计，辅导一个叫乐乐的 6 岁小女孩学习英语，小女孩的 母亲是大学讲师。约定每周末下午 3 点至 5 点我为乐乐辅导两个小时，每小时 15 元钱，时 间为一年。 一个周六的下午，我午觉睡过了，4 点多才匆匆赶到女讲师家。到她家我才发现只有乐 乐一个人在家。我问乐乐：“下午只有你一个人在家吗？妈妈呢？”小女孩看到我来很高 兴，甜甜地说：“老师下午好，我妈妈出去了，下午只有我自己在家。”我们开始了学习。 5 点的时候女讲师回来了，她很友好地向我打招呼，并随意地问我几点钟来的。“3 点，当 然是 3 点。是吧，乐乐？”我不想给人留一个不守时的印象，再说我已经和她们母女俩相 处得很熟了，我拍了拍小女孩的头不经意地说。小女孩很懂事地点了点头，向她妈妈说： “是 3 点，家教老师来时刚好 3 点。” 晚饭的时候女讲师很客气地邀我一起吃。晚餐很丰盛，其乐融融，彼此谈得很亲切， 有一种家的温暖。可饭后女讲师却对我说：“小贺，有点事想和你商量，我想……中断你 对乐乐的辅导。”她说着递给我一个信封，里面装着我 4 个多月的工资。“为什么？是我 教得不好吗？”我很诧异地问。“不是，你教得很好，你是一个难得的好教师。乐乐的英 语兴趣和口语提高得很快，真的。很感谢你。这样决定，我很遗憾，但是……你撒了谎，
我 4 点 10 分才出去，那时候你还没来……”女讲师认真地说。 不就是十几块钱吗？竟没看出她这样一个有知识有身份的人会这么斤斤计较，我这样 想，便说：“你少给十几块钱就是了，没关系的。” “你误解了我的意思。不是钱的问题，而是诚实的问题，你见到了，你撒谎时乐乐也 跟着撒了谎，这很可怕。诚实比能力更重要，我这样想……”
年级 内容标题 主题词 编稿老师 录入
高一英语单词拼写练习 分类索引描述 高一英语单词拼写练习 王崇好 一校 陈平娜 二校 胡丹 栏目名称 同步课堂 审稿老师 审核